Tuesday, September 4, 2007

My first Entry




Do you think I will be able to keep up with Blogging?? Guess we can all figure that out together. But since I cannot keep up with the house, cooking or grocery shopping then maybe, just MAYBE I can do this. I have found that anything I can do quietly while both boys nap (YES, YES, YES! They do nap at the same time! I feel so VICTORIOUS!) is wonderful and if it is fun and involves writing or typing then I will do it.

Dean is now 6 months and wonderful!!! He is trying to crawl and laughing all the time! Will is a great 2 year old and his vocabulary is growing daily. His favorite thing to talk about now is smoke detectors. People always look at me weird like, "Why is your 2 year old asking me if I have a smoke detector in my house?" and then I have to tell them the whole story about the detectors going off during nap time and I was napping too so I FREAKED out (but only internally of course b/c I had to remain strong for the boys!) and got both boys under my arm and ran outside to the Kirby's house. If it had been a normal smoke detector noise it would have been fine. But no....we had to have the smoke detectors that were installed for the deaf apparently. It was BY FAR the loudest noise I have EVER heard. So that is why Will is constantly looking for them in EVERY house he visits and asking everyone he sees if they have one too. Oh ya...he also likes to ask if so and so is a boy and has a penis just like him or a fragina like mama. Thought that one deserved posting too ;-)

2 comments:

Mary said...

Hi Alaina! My sister Lisa told me you started a blog as well. Have fun with it :) It was very nice meeting you the other day at her cookout. Your boys are adorable!
Mary

Meaghan said...

alaina...that is hilarious! i found you from jessica's blog! i'm loving the fire alarm story...and the "are you a boy" story...i've got a while before i have to deal with that! hope all is well with you! your boys are cuper cute!